Thursday, August 7, 2014

There's no money in teaching, why would you major in education?"

Because I want to encourage kids to learn. I want to inspire them to have a passion for finding out new things. I want them to know they can do greater things than play a sport or make a sex tape to become famous. I want to reward a student for doing well on a writing assignment and brag to other teachers about how smart they are. Showing children all the cool stories about kings and presidents of history and tell them more than what the textbook does, because lord knows they don’t print everything that happened. If I’m excited about the lesson, so will they. I’m always finding out new things and I want to be an example that you never stop learning. Money doesn't mean anything to me if I hate the way I earn it. If I only make one student say “That’s so cool!” then it’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment