Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lifeguard Struggles

So it's really rainy however I still had to go to work my shift as a lifeguard. I didn't mind so much that the first two hours was me and my coworker just sitting in the guard room so we didn't catch a cold, but the next four hours seemed to drag on forever. A daycare came and swam for close to two hours. If I had to tell them to walk once I told them a thousand times. I have forgotten that younger children don't have as much common sense as most older people do. It doesn't click in their mind "Hey, if I slip and crack my head open, I'll die." It's somewhat frustrating but eventually the parents who for the longest time were absorbed in their phones finally step in and scold them for both running and not listening. But I always look forward to my break where I go inside for a smoothie. Those are rad. Okay well I have nothing planned for the rest of the night if I'm struck with an epiphany I'll be back but other than that later skaters.

"Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you" - Rashi

No comments:

Post a Comment