Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Power of Make-Up

Today I helped celebrate my good friend Cailyn's 18th birthday. We went out to eat and then went back to her house to swim and play Just Dance 4. Side note, I feel everyone should play this game and dance to Time Warp with your friends because that was probably the hardest I've laughed in a while. Anyways, back to what I was talking about.
While I was getting ready I looked on my counter and saw my lip stains I just recently purchased. And next to that I saw my eyeliner and mascara. I decided I would put effort into looking decent because today would be the first time I would see most of my friends since graduation.
(Please not the following pictures are taken at different times with different lighting)
This is me with out make up:
And THIS is me with make up (eyeliner, mascara, and lip stain):
No, I did not age five years. That's how much I love make up but I also understand how it can be deceiving. I mean the first picture I look like I'm about to go hit the quad with my other freshman friends, but the second photo looks like I'm about to go curse a princess and conquer the world. I have a very strong appreciation for girls who can do make up really well on a daily basis, though. I mean, it took me a good 5 minutes to get my eyeliner wings. That's a long time by make up standards! And as far as my lip stain goes I need to find something better. It's nice and all but it pools up in uneven parts of my lip (I'm a lip biter) so some parts are much darker than the others. I'll do some research and see if I can find a better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment