Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Nostalgia

So I've been feverishly crocheting my granny squares (post on that coming very soon) and to help pass the time I have my trusty Netflix on right at my side. Already finishing OITNB, I didn't really know what to watch, then I stumbled into the family animated movies category. So, I decided to watch those old kid movies I never got around to seeing when I was little or only saw bits and pieces when they were on TV. Man, did I miss out! It all started with Atlantis: The Lost Empire, then Treasure Planet. After that I ventured into The Sword in the Stone, and after that my next two movies were mice themed (Early Disney really loved mice). It took me until my eighteenth year to realize The Great Mouse Detective was based off of Sherlock Holmes, by the way. And if the antagonist woman in The Rescuers scares me now, I'm sure if I saw it when I was little I would have had nightmares. Also, Disney's Robin Hood was cute as a button as well. I don't know I just love the early stages of animation where the lines aren't very crisp and the colors aren't as bright as they are today. It gives it a timeless feel to it in my opinion. Anyways, tomorrow when I'm putting my blanket together I will probably be watching something Classic Disney, or at the very least something where the main characters are talking animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment