Saturday, June 14, 2014

Maybe You Should Take a Step Back There...

Today I saw a woman at my church wearing a prom dress.  Not just any prom dress, my prom dress. No, not the exact same dress but you get what I mean. I think she may have been family to the girl having her quinceanera ceremony today, but really? Why would an estimated 35 year old woman wear a prom dress to a fifteen year olds ceremony? Do you really need to be the center of attention that badly? And to clear anything up my prom dress wasn't a show stopper but it was still a very formal gown. And, yes, it was a prom dress. I bought it at a literal prom store. It was designed for 18 year olds, not 35 year olds. I also saw two other formal dresses as well. Keep in mind what I wore was jean shorts and a cardigan, as were most of the parish. So these women stood out tremendously, which I guess is what they wanted. But why? It's your relative's coming of age ceremony, it's HER day, NOT yours. I'm sure you can throw a party another day and be the center of attention but let this girl have at least a couple of hours. Let me tell you if anyone tried to show me up on  a special day of mine I'd clock em.

And here's a picture of me and my beautiful friend Grace on prom night, since I brought up my dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment